Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snowkitting Season Is Coming

Anyone who wants to learn to Kiteboard, should learn in the snow.

The wind in the winter does not have to be as strong because there is no drag against the rider.  In the summer the water creates a huge drag.

The only problem with the winter, is that is hurts a lot more when you fall.  I use knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards.  If you are wearing the appropriate safety gear, then the sport is safe and fun.

The winter is a great time to truly learn new skills and practice the sport.

One must remember, though, that once you go back to the water in the summer, you are not necessarily going to be as good.

The mistake that I made was that I did not realize this.  I went to the water and instead of taking the appropriate precautions, I jumped on my board and took off.

I almost immediately fell off the board.  I had forgot about the drag and the power of the wind since it is more windier riding in the summer.

If anyone is interested in this sport, I will answer any questions that you have.  Trap the wind and Have fun out there!

If you need any gear or instructions in Michigan, check out: Brian - Great Lakes Kiteboarding

Kiteboard "How To" Boost II -Vols. 1 & 2Progression Beginner 2nd Edition DVDREAL KITEBOARDING Zero To Hero Instructional Dvd

No comments:

Post a Comment