Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Painting My Kitchen

by Crystal Canole
I had a week off work, and I decided to remodel my kitchen.  It is the last room in my house, besides the basement, that needed to be repainted. 

Over this past summer, I painted the bathroom that is just off the kitchen to see if I liked it.  The colors are red, black, beige, and silver.  The combination of red, black, and beige may not seem like a good combination, but it works perfectly.  I loved the bathroom when I was done with it.  I decided to wait on the kitchen, since I knew it would take a while to do.

I started on Monday and primered the walls, ceiling, molding, and cabinets.  On Tuesday I painted the ceiling two coats of beige.  With the white walls and beige ceiling I loved all the light that was coming in.  I was afraid I was making a mistake with the dark colors. 

I proceeded on though and on Wednesday I was painting the walls red.  I ran out of paint and had to get more and finished with the walls on Thursday.  I also started painting black on the trim, wall, and cupboards on Thursday.  Friday I finished the black and put a clear coat on all of the wood that was painted.

I still had the cupboard doors to work on, but did not feel like doing them all weekend.  I was done painting and needed a break.  On Sunday I started painting them and I should be done with most of them tomorrow.  The only thing I need is a new stove, refrigerator, and a couple of lights. 

I knew this project was going to be a very time consuming and large project, but I am glad I spent my week off of work doing it.  The kitchen looks amazing and it is my favorite room in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment