Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CB 350 Restoration Project

October 19, 2010 by Crystal Canole
I recieved this bike two years ago for my birthday. It was just a rolling frame with a box of parts.  It was a mess when we got it.  I spent alot of time cleaning it up. 

The bike is beautiful and I cannot ride it anywhere without getting compliments.  There are some problems with the bike that need to be corrected though.  Now comes time for restoring.

I have been looking for original pipes for the bike for the last two years.  I managed to snag one left side pipe for only thirty dollars.  Thats right, only thirty dollars!  The pipe(after I cleaned it) looks like brand new almost with one small hole.  I started looking for the right side pipe and realized that I stole that pipe from that person.  The price of the pipe in near new condition is outrageous.  So I have began looking at JC Whitney. 

The seat also has a rip in it that needs to be replaced.  I have not managed to find a seat that looks better than mine yet though. 

The tank is garbage.  Its rusting out bad and needs to be replaced.  I am debating on buying any tank that looks good and just getting the whole bike repainted. 

I have added a lot of new original parts to the bike but really need these parts.  I have looked on eBay, junk yards, craigslist, etc. with no luck so far.  If you have the parts I need let me know and you will make me a very happy person.


updates to follow and pictures

Now there is a horrible backfire coming from the mufflers and a ticking sound.  Just replaced the gaskets with home made ones and might of messed up the points.

3 comments:

  1. hey dano!
    Its going really good..
    I got new pipes , gas tank, and luggage rack.

    I bought too more and started working on a cafe racer, so this has kept most of my time.

    I will post some pictures within the week of this bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just purchased the exact same bike (1972) youre working on, but can find an owners manual and shop manual for free online...do you know where these can be found? I know theres got to be somewhere to download it

    ReplyDelete