Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ghost Stories: Infamous Shuffling

by Crystal Canole

I am a huge fan of Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, and all of the other ghost story TV shows on television.  They fascinate me even when they catch no footage.  I have always loved them since they came out.  The only time to watch them is at night when its dark and you are going to bed. 

I watch them like this and only like this.  It adds to the creepiness of the atmosphere and enhances the viewing of the programs.  So one night I was laying in bed and watching paranormal state. 

Paranormal State deals with a lot of creepy cases of suicide, evil spirits, and family's being tormented by the spirits.  The show in itself is a lot scarier than any of its competitors I think.  I was getting really freaked out and told my boyfriend not to fall asleep.  Well he did fall asleep and I was left to watch it alone.

I was getting tired so I decided to turn it off and go to sleep.  I turned it off and rolled over and immediately I heard what sounded like shuffling in the living room.  I told myself that I was crazy and to just go to sleep.  Then I heard the footsteps coming toward the door until finally they were coming in the room. 

I immediately woke my boyfriend up because I was terrified.  The noise stopped.  I am going to assume it was just the rain making funny sounds on the sky lights, because it was raining hard outside, but I will never know. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I love those ghost shows too...Have you ever watched Ghost Adventures on The Travel Channel? Another good one.

    I KNOW my house is haunted. My house just turned 110 years old. I have lived in it for the last 30. It's actually the house I grew up in. The ghost has not been so active in the last few years...but she was definitely quite active when I was younger. Actually it's funny because I always assumed it was a ghost but recently my best friend suggested she could have been my spirit guide...which is more likely given her name : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boschii,

    I have seen that show on the travel channel. That is one of the better ones I think. They seem to always have activity!

    I cannot say that I have ever been in an actual haunted house. That's interesting that it could have been a guide. I am always interested in hearing others ghost stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a whimp!! I just can't bribng myself to watching ghost shows because I know I wouldn't close an eye all night. I can't ecven read Stephen King. Still, I loved to read this blog which just seems to confirm that my fears aren't that far fetched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Inka,
    I understand about being a whimp. I think the reason I like to watch them is because I am so curious about what could be. I have wanted to go on ghost hunts for years, but cannot bring myself to go. I am afraid I would see something. Glad you enjoy the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hy Crystal,

    I actually really like Ghost Adventures except (and hold your socks here) when they sensationalize some of their adventures. I think that by the very nature of their show, it is sensational, but sometimes it gets to the point of being contrived. But what I do really like about them is that when there is an EVP for instance, they play it back right away..I love that....it's a tie for me between Ghost Adventures and Paranormal State. What I love about Paranormal State is that they actually involve you in the researching of the histories of the locations. The thing I don't like about it...is that given their format, I which the shows were longer : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completly agree. Paranormal state should be two or three hours long. I get so interested and then it seems like they rush through the show.

    ReplyDelete