Monday, August 6, 2012

Kiteboarder or Beach Goer

By: Crystal M. Canole

All summer I spend most of my weekends chasing the wind up in East Tawas, Michigan.  Over the past few years my love for the sport has grown into taking over my free time completely.  Every chance I get I am going up north to go Kiteboarding!  This year I have spent most my time as a beach goer waiting for the wind. 

This year has been the worst year thus far.  The wind has not been there and that makes for many long days waiting on the beach.  Yesterday it was blowing!!   Started my session at about 11am and rode till about 2pm. The wind was amazing a bit gusty but not bad.  I was getting mad air and everyone out was having a blast.

 After all theses weekends of waiting for the wind I had finally caught it and even though I was having a blast, the wind was becoming to powerful and dangerous.  My session was short but it was intense and amazing.  It reaffirms why I spend all my free time chasing the wind.  The feeling of kiteboarding is one you cannot imagine.  Although at times it can become hectic and body punishing it is absolutely surreal and relaxing. 

This means I need another kite.  A smaller one!  In the meantime I wait for the next chance to get out there and ride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment