Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Honor of Becoming a God Mother

by Crystal Canole

Today my goddaughter is baptized.  I was asked by my sister, Deanna, to be her godmother.  This is a title that I feel honored to receive and will do my best by her and baby MaKenzie.

Becoming a godmother means a lot to me.  In olden days that godparents were responsible for bringing the child up in the religion and ensuring that this be carried out.  Nowadays it is more implied that these people will have a vested interest in the child and their development.

To me, being a godmother means having a child to teach, care for, nurture, support, and love as if they were your own.  MaKenzie has amazing parents and now will have a bigger network of people to rely on if she needs them.  I love her and will do my best to give her everything that she needs from me. 

She looks amazing in her white dress and today she becomes a child of god.  She will be cleansed, die, and rise again with Christ. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal,

    Congratulations on becoming a godmother. McKenzie is a beautiful baby girl who is fortunate to have a mother in God in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! It's amazing what joy she brings to my life!

    ReplyDelete