Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bathroom Remodel

How does a simple Paint Job turn into a Remodel??

I decided it was time to freshen up the bedroom, including the closet and bathroom.  My parents had just painted their living room a greyish purple and I liked it so much that I decided to use this color.  After painting the closet, to make sure I liked it, I moved onto my bathroom.

First came out the shower doors, then came off the counter.  After this I realized the tile was rather old and could be replaced, but I did not feel like going that far so I figured I would just fix it.

I went looking for a vanity top to fit my vanity and come to find out my vanity is a custom width.  Therefore only a custom vanity top will fit.  After realizing that I was looking at the same price for the custom top as I would be for a complete new vanity I decided the tile was going to come out and be replaced.

When the home was built they decided not to tile the flooring under the cabinet therefore getting a new (smaller) cabinet means I need to re tile.  I have checked Menard's, Home Depot, and Lowe's for tile I like and I am having problems deciding on the color.

I have never taken on a task of re tiling anything so this should be interesting and a learning experience.  If anyone has any good tips they would be appreciated!

More updates will come as I move through this adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment